Statements as expressions [was Re: Undefined behaviour in C]

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:15:36 EDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016, at 19:01, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> 	Though I'm surprised GoogleGroups would expire that fast.
>
> 	Google is the reason I inserted that header -- I started back in the
> days when news-servers routinely expired stuff (text groups about monthly
> lifespan, the binary groups were expiring at 24 hours). Then along came
> Google with the "lifetime availability" threat.

I guess I'm not sure I understand the motive for considering such a
thing a "threat". Why do you _care_ if technical discussions about
Python are available forever? I mean, it's useful for there to be a
record of the discussion that led to making a decision about a PEP, or
prior arguments against an idea.

Sure, one person's posts being missing doesn't do much to that overall,
but I do have to wonder why you care. AIUI, most people's contemporary
reasoning for objecting to DejaNews (if "Google" was truly the reason
you inserted it, you're a latecomer to the idea) was the supposed
exploitation inherent in the fact that it was ad-funded, and most never
claimed to care about it being around forever.