Re-using TCL code from python over network

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Tue Mar 29 07:18:02 EDT 2016

Am 29.03.16 um 09:40 schrieb Karim:
> You can find below a partial example where I launch a python process
> from a tcl program to get data from python
> which reads a database. You just have to get and compile tclpython
> (google is your best friend) which is a C interface
> bridging python and tcl and allow to launch at most 5 python interpreter
> processes if I remember correctly.

tclpython embeds a Python interpreter into Tcl as a module. Therefire,
this will only work, if Tcl and Python use the same machine language
(i.e. 32bit or 64bit) and run on the same machine. I understood from the
OP, that he wants to run Tcl in 32 bit mode, and connect to it from
Python running 64 bit on a different machine. Therefore, only a true
networked solution will work. However if he can manage to get both into
the same process, this will be a lot easier, as outlined by your solution.

	Christian