List of Functions

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Tue Mar 29 00:49:38 EDT 2016

Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info>:

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 08:40 am, Chris Angelico wrote:

> "Classless object" is an oxymoron in Python since all values without
> exception have a class. Can you explain what you mean?

In class terms, I mean a closure class that has precisely one instance.
Just like a closure function has precisely one instance.

In object terms, I mean an object that implements an interface but whose
class is not of essence.

> Also, for the benefit of those who aren't Java coders, what do you mean
> by "Java's syntactic innovation"?

        HelloWorld frenchGreeting = new HelloWorld() {
            String name = "tout le monde";
            public void greet() {
                greetSomeone("tout le monde");
            }
            public void greetSomeone(String someone) {
                name = someone;
                System.out.println("Salut " + name);
            }
        };