[newbie] tkFileDialog does not show title

Wildman best_lay at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 18:14:36 EDT 2016

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 14:10:28 -0700, jenswaelkens wrote:

> I'm using the tkFileDialog-module in Python 2.7, it works fine except for one thing: when I add a title, the title isn't shown.
>
> e.g. I have this line of code:
> inputfilename=tkFileDialog.askopenfilename(defaultextension=".dat", filetypes=(("data file", "*.dat"),("All Files", "*.*") ),title='Select input file')
>
> this works fine i.e. the file selector menu opens but I expected that the text
> 'Select input file' would be displayed too. Can anyone here explain me how I can achieve this?
>
> kind regards,
> Jens

I copied and pasted your code into a test script and it worked
perfectly as it is.  Sorry but I don't have clue as where to look
for the problem.  Does text show elsewhere in your program such
as the main window titlebar, labels or buttons?  I'm thinking
maybe something to do with font or foreground color.  I'm just
guessing here...

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
May the Source be with you.