help with program

Sibylle Koczian nulla.epistola at web.de
Mon Mar 28 03:48:49 EDT 2016

Am 28.03.2016 um 02:20 schrieb Steven D'Aprano:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 01:18 am, Bob Gailer wrote:
>
>> The problem with putting input at the end of a program is: if the program
>> raises an exception you won't see it.
>
> True. But the solution to that is simple: don't make mistakes when
> programming :-)
>
> If you have a better solution, please speak up. I don't know Windows very
> well and I'm not sure why the console is disappearing in the first place.

Because it was opened only by starting the program, and so it closes
when the program ends. Wouldn't the same thing happen on Linux, if a
console application were started from the file manager?

I would always start a console application from an open command prompt,
in case of exceptions. And if my Python GUI application doesn't appear
on the screen I do the same, to see the traceback.