setup

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 00:07:23 EDT 2016

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Joel Goldstick
<joel.goldstick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm guessing you are on windows and you could google the error code, but
> also search the list because this question has been asked and answered I
> believe

A little knowledge helps. An upper word of 0x8007 indicates a COM
HRESULT error (0x8000) that originated as a Windows error (facility
7). Se we know that the lower word value of 0x0570 is a common Windows
error code that can be found in the following list:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms681381

You'll find that it's ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT, i.e. the file or directory
is corrupted and unreadable. The most likely cause is a bad download.
I wonder whether the OP used the web installer, which downloads
components as required. If there's something dubious about the way it
downloads from python.org, that would explain the relative frequency
of this error for 3.5 installs.