help with program

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 18:48:47 EDT 2016

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Jerry Martens <jmartens2 at ameritech.net> wrote:
> hi im trying to run this program and it opens a screen really ast and closes it faster withou any results. im totally a noob. everything i google is confusing. do i need to place this is in a folder or just run from command line? i have the latest version of python. im running win 7. any help would be appreciated! or could you please point me to a good forum for total noobs?thank you for your time and effort!

Hi!

There are a few ways you could do this. One is to run it from the
command line. Another is to put this line at the end of the program:

input("Press enter to exit. ")

That should bring up the same screen (called a "console") and then
have it wait until you're done reading it.

A third way is to edit your code using Idle, and run it from there. I
haven't done that in a while, though, so the details might have
changed in the recent versions.

All the best!

ChrisA