[OT'ish] Is there a list as good as this for Javascript

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Mar 26 11:31:34 EDT 2016

On Saturday 26 March 2016 07:52:05 Larry Martell wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com>
wrote:
> > Thomas, you don't have to choose between correct and nice.  It's
> > possible to be both.
>
> "I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right."
>
> That was written by Stephen Sondheim and it's from his musical Into
> The Woods. It's said by the witch. That used to be my sig back in
> usenet days, and more then one person said "Who said that? Rush
> Limbaugh?"
>
> > I can see that you are knowledgeable, and I really appreciate the
> > energy you put into answering questions.  You are very generous with
> > your time. But when you bark correct things at people, they don't
> > hear you.  Your helpful energy is being overshadowed by your blunt
> > rude manner.
>
> As my wife once said, "If you start with 'Listen, asshole, ...' they
> probably won't hear what you have to say after that.

She is 100% correct, but try as I might, I can't quite believe that your
missus would ever use that plain a language.  She is too good at
dressing it up.  She reminds me of our now passed Senator Bobbie Byrd,
who could tell somebody to go to hell in such flowery language that they
looked forward to the trip.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)