[OT'ish] Is there a list as good as this for Javascript

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Sat Mar 26 09:59:21 EDT 2016

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars at web.de> wrote:
> cl at isbd.net wrote:
>
> > Occasionally I have to make forays into Javascript, can anyone
> > recommend a place similar to this list where Javascript questions can
> > be asked?  The trouble is that there are very many usenet Javascript
> > lists and it's difficult to guess which one[es] might be good.
>
> There is no Javascript.
>
> There are no Usenet lists.
>
> This is not only a Python *mailing* list, it is also mirrored as an
> international Usenet _newsgroup_, <news:comp.lang.python> (which I am
> reading).

Which is what (OP) do too.  Life's too short to go into detail about
how one is accessing a group/list in the context of a question like my
original question.

It's quite fun following all the resulting flak though!  :-)

> If you can accept all of that, then the international Usenet _newsgroup_
> <news:comp.lang.javascript> (where I am posting primarily) is for you.
> So are other national/language-specific newsgroups on the JavaScripts and
> other ECMAScript implementations.  In your newsreader, search for newsgroups
> whose name contains “javascript”.
>
> Next time, read <news:news.answers> and STFW first, and get a real name.

Ay?

Thanks anyway, comp.lang.javascript it is, or I'll try it anyway.

--
Chris Green
·