[OT'ish] Is there a list as good as this for Javascript

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Mar 24 17:47:41 EDT 2016

On 2016-03-24, cl at isbd.net <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> I use Python wherever I can and find this list (as a usenet group
> via gmane) an invaluable help at times.
>
> Occasionally I have to make forays into Javascript, can anyone
> recommend a place similar to this list where Javascript questions
> can be asked?

Are you asking about

 1) Javascript itself (the language)?

 2) jQuery or some other client-side framework?

 3) The DOM model and API provided by various web browsers?

In most forums 99% of the threads are about 2 and 3.

> The trouble is that there are very many usenet Javascript lists and
> it's difficult to guess which one[es] might be good.

That's a tough one.  I dabble in Javascript in order to support the
Web UI's on some of the embedded products I work on, and I've yet to
find a high quality forum for Javascript questions.  Javascript
programing seems to be dominated by cargo-cult programmers with little
understanding of the language.  They just sort of cut-n-paste code
snippets they find online and then hope.  It's not quite as bad as PHP
in that regard, but that's not saying mutch.  [IMO, the design of the
Javascript language itself is _far_ better than the "design" of the
PHP language, and that the results of cargo-cult programming in
Javascript usually turn out better than they do in PHP.]

If you do find anything like c.l.p for Javascript, let us know...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm sitting on my
                                  at               SPEED QUEEN ... To me,