Not downloading

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Wed Mar 23 16:20:53 EDT 2016

In <mailman.66.1458758388.2244.python-list at python.org> louis anderson <louisanderson360 at hotmail.com> writes:

> After a workshop in my school today regarding python i have downloaded
> it on my laptop

Since you were in fact able to download it, your message title of
"Not downloading" is somewhat misleading...

> however when i go to launch it it either tells me to modify python
> repair python or uninstall python. It will not let me go onto python
> at all.

What operating system do you have on your laptop, and what version of
Python are you trying to install?

Python 3.5 is known to have trouble installing on Windows XP.  If you
have Win XP, try using an older 3.4 version of Python.

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears