Obtain the variable in bash.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 04:35:43 EDT 2016

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 18:19:04 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Did you start pycharm/wing from the same session in which you sourced
> .bashrc? If not, they won't see that change.

Thanks a lot for this explanations.  It does behaves as you said which I
previously not noticed.

> My guess is that you started the IDEs from your GUI in some way (the
> Applications menu or something). If that's the case, they'll inherit
> their environment from your GUI. You _may_ be able to have them "notice"
> your change to .bashrc by logging out and in again, or rebooting; it
> depends how your system is configured.

I tried and find that I must set the variable in .profile file, instead
of .bashrc, in order to let the IDEs started from my GUI to recognize
them after I logged out and in again.

Regards

--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.