Why I got handshake failure when passing specific ciphers to wrap_socket?

TwoThree Tee t22330033 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 04:27:29 EDT 2016

I tried two kinds of ciphers "kRSA, aRSA, RSA" and "kDHE, kEDH, DH". The
later failed with handshake failure alert (observed from packet dump). For
the successful one, the chosen cipher suite is DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA which is
also included in the Client Hello message of the failed case. That's what
confused me. Since I have provided the supported cipher suite why the
handshake failed? I also tried the cipher with openssl: openssl s_client
-connect ebay.com:443 -cipher "kDHE, kEDH, DH" -tls1, and it works well.
Any idea to troubleshoot? Thanks.