crash while using PyCharm / Python3

Jonathan N. Little lws4art at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 22:58:43 EDT 2016

Adam wrote:
> "Adam" <adam at no_thanks.com> wrote in message
> news:ncprqb$tl9$1 at news.albasani.net...
>>
>> "Jonathan N. Little" <lws4art at gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:ncpjj0$7ug$1 at dont-email.me...
>>>
>>> Yes you can. Did it for a borked install of the nVidia driver. reference
>>> this:
>>>
>>> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting/VideoDriverDetection#Problem:_Need_to_purge_-fglrx>
>>
>> Thanks, even after doing the following...
>>
>> Problem: Need to purge -fglrx
>>
>> Typically, the following manual commands will properly uninstall -fglrx:
>>
>>   $ sudo apt-get remove --purge xorg-driver-fglrx fglrx*
>>   $ sudo apt-get install --reinstall libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dri
>> xserver-xorg-core
>>   $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
>>
>> I still get that dreaded "The system is running in low-graphics mode"
>> error.
>> And, recovery mode failsafeX and Ctrl+Alt+F1 hangs with the following...
>>
>>     <more of the same>
>> Initializing built-in extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
>> Initializing built-in extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
>> Initializing built-in extension RECORD
>> Initializing built-in extension DPMS
>> Initializing built-in extension Present
>> Initializing built-in extension DRI3
>> Initializing built-in extension X-Resource
>> Initializing built-in extension XVideo
>> Initializing built-in extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
>> Initializing built-in extension SELinux
>> Initializing built-in extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
>> Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DGA
>> Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DRI
>> Initializing built-in extension DRI2
>> <hangs here>
>>

> After trying the following...
>
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/577093/how-to-install-gnome-desktop
>
> $ sudo apt-get update
> $ sudo apt-get install gnome-shell
>

> http://tipsonubuntu.com/2014/06/06/change-display-manager-ubuntu-14-04/
>
> $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm

Not sure about ATI, but when you purge the nVidia driver it takes Unity
with it so I had to reinstall unity-desktop afterwards. If you want
lightdm but are now using gdm, maybe it happened because unity-desktop
was uninstalled and you just installed gnome-shell, your can reset:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm

and select lightdm from the list.

--
Take care,