Convert list to another form but providing same information

Maurice mauricioliveiraguarda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:26:39 EDT 2016

Hello, hope everything is okay. I think someone might have dealt with a similar issue I'm having.

Basically I wanna do the following:

I have a list such [6,19,19,21,21,21] (FYI this is the item of a certain key in the dictionary)

And I need to convert it to a list of 32 elements (meaning days of the month however first element ie index 0 or day zero has no meaning - keeping like that for simplicity's sake).
Therefore the resulting list should be:
[0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0...,2,0,3,0...0]

So the list index should tell how many occurrences of a certain day in the original list.

My attempt:

weirdList = [[0]*32]*len(dict_days) #list's length should be how many keys in the dict.

counter = 0
k = 0
for key in dict_days.keys():
    for i in range(1,32):
        if i in dict_days[key]:
            counter = dict_days[key].count(i)
            weirdList[k][i] = counter
    dict_days[key] = weirdList[k]
    k+=1

However it does not work. weirdList seems to be always the same?

Thanks in advance.