Why do you use python?

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:52:23 EDT 2016

On Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 12:11:02 AM UTC-7, sk wrote:
> What would be your answer if this question is asked to you in an
> interview?
>
> a modified version might be:
> "Where would you use python over C/C++/Java?"
>
> (because my resume says I know C/C++/Java)?

I use Python when speed of development is far more important than speed of execution.

I use C/C++ when speed of execution is priority and I don't care about being cross-platform.

Though for what it's worth, I've only been a software engineer using Python for two years, and I have yet to use C/C++ outside of small personal projects and school.