Python boilerplate

Chris Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 12:03:14 EDT 2016

On 21 March 2016 at 00:36, Fernando Felix do Nascimento Junior
<fernandojr.ifcg at live.com> wrote:
> I made the boilerplate with intent that everyone can understand, download and use quickly. So, I didn't put extra dependence like cookiecutter (that depends jinja, that depends markupsafe) to **just** replace fields and then run the project.

I used “replace manually” before, and it was painful.

> I also preferred to use .md instead .rst because it's more clean in my opinion and used by default in platforms like GitHub and Stackoverflow. See mkdocs to generate documentation with markdown.

The vast majority of the Python community uses Sphinx and reST. In
fact, that’s the only thing accepted on readthedocs.org, which is a
popular documentation platform.

> I didn't understand why packages are best than modules... both can be reusable and not every project needs packages.

It might not need it today, but it will probably grow. At which point
you will notice that a module is not enough. You can also easily
separate code with packages.

PGP: 5EAAEA16