How to waste computer memory?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Sat Mar 19 09:50:24 EDT 2016

On 2016-03-18, cl at isbd.net <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> However I doubt it's still being used, a year or two after I wrote it
> we migrated to a Tektronix development system that ran Unix (wow!).

The PDP-11 one that ran TNIX (a thinly disguised port of v7)? Back in
the early 80's we used a copule of those doing microprocessor
development for cellular phones and cellular base station radios.
IIRC, they were 8560s with the 8540 in-circuit-emulator boxes attached
to a couple of the high speed serial ports.  Compared to the groups
that were using Intel MDS development machines running ISIS, we
thought we were pretty cool.  We even had a 300 baud modem on one port
so we could dial-in from home!

--
Grant