How to waste computer memory?

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Mar 18 15:46:04 EDT 2016

On 18/03/2016 18:18, sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 7:34:46 AM UTC-7, wxjm... at gmail.com
> wrote:
>> Very simple. Use Python and its (buggy) character encoding model.
>>
>> How to save memory? It's also very simple. Use a programming
>> language, which handles Unicode correctly.
>
> *looks at the other messages in this thread*

> Whatever happened to the idea of not feeding the trolls?  This image
> depicts this thread perfectly:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/sVtpZDK.png

Speaking for a moment as the list owner. Posts by this OP are usually
blatant provocation and I usually filter them out before they hit the
list. (They'll still appear if you're reading via Usenet). In this case
I approved a post thinking it was something else.

However... for the most part, the result here has been either humorous
banter or an informed and civil discussion of the pros and cons of
various unicode-related issues. Nothing wrong with that.

TJG