Is this an error in python-babel or am I missing something?

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:31:23 EDT 2016

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 5:48:12 PM UTC-5, c... at isbd.net wrote:
> So, my mistake, but python-babel should have caught it.

Yeah, errors like that are a real pisser, and the further away from the source that they break, the more headache they become to resolve. They send you on a wild goose chase, and then after you've smacked your head against the desk for 10 mins, you find out it was something stupid that type checking could have easily prevented! If you find that this happens frequently, you may want to consider creating a wrapper to validate the inputs first, before sending them in -- there is no shame in doing this.