How to waste computer memory?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Mar 17 17:08:37 EDT 2016

On 2016-03-17, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 7:31 AM,  <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
>> Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> In the event that i change my mind about Unicode, and/or for
>>> the sake of others, who may want to know, please provide a
>>> list of languages that *YOU* think handle Unicode better than
>>> Python, starting with the best first. Thanks.
>>>
>> How about a list of languages that Unicode handles better than ASCII?
>> Like almost every language *except* English.
>
> Like every language *including* English. You can pretend that ASCII is
> enough, but you do lose some information.

And I suppose you youngsters really think you need both upper and
lower case and all those fancy curly braces, pipes, backslashes
asterisks, and semi-colons and whatnot.  [Yes, I've written software
that had to deal with baudot because that's all the paper tape reader
could handle.]

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm RELIGIOUS!!
                                  at               I love a man with