WP-A: A New URL Shortener

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 16:40:36 EDT 2016

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 1:28:05 PM UTC-5, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

> BTW and JFTR, this thread has gone *way* off topic.

Who cares? Python-list is not a "strictly moderated group". So long as the discussion is informative, or heck, even entertaining, no crime has been committed. Many *WILDLY* diverse topics have been discussed here, and i believe, the community is better for it! Sure, places where strict CoC are enforced, and "narrow topic paths" are clearly defined, can be beneficial, but this list is *NOT* one of them. Every community needs an area where all are welcome to participate in an environment where rules and regulations are not onerous. While spam is *NEVER* tolerated, "slight flaming" and "limited trolling" is. It's too easy to become a totalitarian when you have unlimited power to ban. From time to time, every one of us needs to climb down from our ivory towers and venture into the "seedy side" of town, if for nothing more, that to be reminded of how unrighteous we really are. Have you ever stopped and spoken with a homeless person? You'd be surprised how humble, and even highly intelligent, some of them can be! Diversity *MUST* have a place to exist in every community. *EVERY* member deserves an audience.