sobering observation, python vs. perl

Charles T. Smith cts.private.yahoo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 12:42:31 EDT 2016

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 18:34:06 +0200, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> n-vs-perl-performance

Okay, that was interesting.

Actually, I saw a study some years ago that concluded that python
could be both slower and faster than perl, but that perl had much
less deviation than python.  I took that and accepted it, but
was surprised now that in exactly the field of application that I've
traditionally used perl, it really is better, er... faster.

Furthermore, the really nice thing about python is its OO, but
I've really neglected looking into that with perl's OO capabilities.