Case Statements

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Thu Mar 17 04:22:02 EDT 2016

Op 16-03-16 om 20:27 schreef Marko Rauhamaa:
> Antoon Pardon <antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be>:
>
>> Look at decorators. They don't provide functionality we wouldn't have
>> without them. So we don't actually need them. Do you argue that
>> introducing them wasn't progress?
> I do.

Way to miss the point. Sure there will be people for which this particular
example doesn't work. The point is, that often enough progress in python
is not about introducing something new that is "actually needed" but about
making functionality that is already available more easily accessible.

I am sure you can find your own examples if you search for them.

--
Antoon.