empty clause of for loops

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Wed Mar 16 10:44:27 EDT 2016

On 16.03.2016 13:08, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Doing what? What is the code supposed to do? What's "empty" mean as a
> keyword?
>
> If you explain what your friends wants, then perhaps we can suggest
> something. Otherwise we're just guessing. I can think of at least two
> different meanings:
>
> * run the "empty" block only if my_iterable is empty at the start of the
> first loop;

Solutions of most commenters already tackled this one, which is (at
least from my point of view) the most intuitive.

> * run the "empty" block if my_iterable becomes empty after the first loop.

I think I can imagine where this is coming from but this was not the
initial use-case. I think Tim's answer (count approach) would provide a
solution for this (from my point of view) rather rare use-case.

Best,
Sven