Case Statements

Mario R. Osorio nimbiotics at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 00:06:34 EDT 2016

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 9:55:27 PM UTC-4, jj0ge... at gmail.com wrote:
> You have apparently mistaken me for someone who's worried.  I don't use Python, I was just curious as to why a construct that is found, not only to be useful in 95% of other languages, but is generally considered more flexible and readable than the if-elif, was missing in Python.  (your link "Switch Statement Code Smell" not withstanding)
>
> Have a great day :)

Switch and case statements are such a waste of time that, in order to understand them you have to mentally use if/elseif/else/endif statements. Furthermore, the concepts of switch and case could not even exist without the notion of if/elseif/else/endif statements. Why then, add an extra level of complication??.

Go play with Java or Maybe C++. Have fun with their fancy if/elseif/else/endif statements oops, sorry, they call them switch and/or case statements.

Wish you the best and please lete us know if and when you have a deep fall through a breakeless case ... You must love debugging those ... they are fun, specially a 4:30am, with an hour and a half to deploy...