Encapsulation in Python

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Mon Mar 14 18:40:35 EDT 2016

On 14/03/2016 22:20, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 14/03/2016 22:07, BartC wrote:
>> On 14/03/2016 21:23, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>
>>> Python 2.8, RickedPython, and the latest entry into the race,
>>> BartCPython, all vapourware.
>>
>> I'm not creating a new version of Python or CPython (you should have
>> used an underscore).
>>
>> But I do have considerable experience of creating dynamically-typed
>> languages and writing byte-code interpreters for them. They are not
>> vapourware.
>>

> Really?  So why do you keep arguing, most notably with Steven D'Aprano,
> about the benefits of dynamic typing, whereby you appear to be
> completely against it?

I'm not against dynamic typing.

I'm against mutable, dynamic names, among other dynamic features that
are well known to make Python hard to optimise, and which for me appear
to give little added value.

  Your dreadful piece of code
> published earlier today around a switch statement summed it up.

Was that in Python? It was /supposed/ to be dreadful. I was making a
case for it to be supported directly.

 > The RUE kept stating that he was an expert in unicode, but never once
 > provided a single shred of evidence to support his claim.  Until I see
 > substantiated evidence from you I am going to state quite cleary that
 > you've no idea, you're just another RUE.

Sorry, I'm not going to do that, and I don't expect anyone here to have
to do so either. You will have to take my posts as they are.

--
Bartc