Need help on a project To :"Create a class called BankAccount with the following parameters "

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Sun Mar 13 21:33:29 EDT 2016

On 14/03/2016 00:17, chetam.chetzy at gmail.com wrote:

> Create a class called BankAccount
>
>      Create a constructor that takes in an integer and assigns this to a `balance` property.
>      Create a method called `deposit` that takes in cash deposit amount and updates the balance accordingly.
>      Create a method called `withdraw` that takes in cash withdrawal amount and updates the balance accordingly. if amount is greater than balance return `"invalid transaction"`
>      Create a subclass MinimumBalanceAccount of the BankAccount class

I've never used classes and stuff much so I gave it a go. (But I
wouldn't submit this if it's an assignment).

class ac:
     balance=0

     def __init__(self,openbal):
         if openbal>0:
             self.balance=openbal
             print ("Opened account; opening balance",self.balance)
         else:
             print ("Invalid opening balance:",openbal)

     def payin(self,amount):
         if amount>0:
             self.balance+=amount
             print ("Paid in:",amount," New balance:",self.balance)
             return 1
         else:
             print ("Paying in invalid sum",amount)
             return 0

     def takeout(self,amount):
         if amount<=0:
             print ("Invalid withdrawal amount",amount)
             return 0

         elif amount>self.balance:
             print ("Not enough funds")
             return 0

         else:
             self.balance-=amount
             print ("Paid out:",amount," New balance:",self.balance)
             return 1

x=ac(100)

x.payin(34)
x.takeout(70)