issue w/ python 3.5.7

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 14:44:57 EDT 2016

On 13 Mar 2016 18:01, "Steven D'Aprano" <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 03:56 am, lucile.mage at free.fr wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > We would like to get the procedure to launch the software "python.exe".
> > The only options we have acsess are: modify, repair and uninstall.
Thanks
> > for your help, Rgds,
>

> What is your operating system?

It will be Windows. I think it's some kind of installer bug. I'm not sure
whether it happens when running the downloaded installer or when attempting
to run Python after installation but Windows will pop up an error message
box giving the user these three options. A lot of Windows users have been
reporting this problem with Python 3.5 but I'm not sure if the problem has
made it to the bug tracker and I haven't seen an explanation or solution.

Lucile, can you try installing Python 3.4 and see if you have the same
problem? If not then it's likely a bug in Python 3.5 or its installer.

--
Oscar