Perl to Python again

Fillmore fillmore_remove at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 12 08:10:35 EST 2016

On 03/12/2016 04:40 AM, alister wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 19:15:48 -0500, Fillmore wrote:
> I not sure if you were being accused of being lazy as such but actually
> being given the suggestion that there are other places that you can find
> these answers that are probably better for a number of reasons
>
> 1) Speed, you don't have to wait for someone to reply although i hope you
> are continuing your research whilst waiting
>
> 2) Accuracy. I have not seen it here but there are some people who would
> consider it fun to provide an incorrect or dangerous solution to someone
> they though was asking too basic a question
>
> 3) Collateral learning, whilst looking for the solution it is highly
> likely that you will unearth other information that answers questions you
> have yet to raise.

Alister, you are right, of course. The reality is that I discovered this trove of
a newsgroup and I am rather shamelessly taking advantage of it.
Rest assured that I cross check and learn what is associated with each
and every answer I get. So nothing is wasted. Hopefully your answers
are also useful to others who may find them at a later stage through foofle groups.

Also very important, I am very grateful for the support I am getting from you
and from others.