issue with CVS module

alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 12 04:49:08 EST 2016

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 16:26:02 -0500, Fillmore wrote:

> On 3/11/2016 4:15 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>
>> https://docs.python.org/3/library/csv.html#csv.Dialect.doublequote
>>

> thanks, but my TSV is not using any particular dialect as far as I
> understand...
>
> Thank you, anyway

Every variation of a language/format is a dialect even if (at present)
there is only one.

CSV/TSV has many - (TSV is simply a dialect of CSV or vice versa)
you also have the variable of quoting (as you have found) and line
separation (which may or may not be an issue)

Whenever you are processing an external file it is essential to know the
exact format it is using to avoid errors

--
So, you better watch out!
You better not cry!

He knows when you've been sleeping,