issue with CVS module

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Mar 11 16:13:53 EST 2016

Fillmore <fillmore_remove at hotmail.com> writes:

> Possibly, but I am having a hard time letting it know that it should
> leave each and every char alone

You're using the wrong module, then. To use the ‘csv’ module is to have
the sequence of characters parsed to extract component values, which
cannot also “leave each and every character alone”.

If you want to “leave each and every character alone”, don't parse the
data as CSV. Instead, read the file as a simple text file.

--
 \       “I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as |
  `\       my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer |