turtle ??

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 22:47:36 EST 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 05:14 am, MRAB wrote:
>
>> FYI, the uppercase of "ı" is "I" and the lowercase of "İ" is "i".
>
> Very true. Does that tell us anything about the placement and ease of
> getting I on a Turkish keyboard?
>
> I'm just giving the OP the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they have a good
> reason for typing l instead of I. Probably not though.

A Turkish keyboard should have dotless and dotted, uppercase and
lowercase, all easily typed. Here's one example layout (I've no idea
how prevalent this is):

http://ascii-table.com/img/keyboard-179.png

But depending on the exact layout used, it might be very easy to typo
I as l, and it may well not be noticed. My guess is that there's no
good reason to mistype, but plenty of good reasons for mistyping to
happen. :)

ChrisA