Pyhon 2.x or 3.x, which is faster?

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Wed Mar 9 11:53:10 EST 2016

On 09/03/2016 14:57, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 01:11 am, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> The first three bytes are the "UTF-8 BOM", which suggests you may have
>> created this in a broken editor like Notepad.
>
> Notepad may be horribly crippled, but I'm not entirely sure "broken" is the
> right word for it. Does it do anything *wrong*? I don't think so.

(Well, it's quite difficult to get it to save to the right filename (it
insists on sticking ".txt" on the end even when the file name already
has an extension).

And if you're not looking, it will 'Save As' in some arbitrary
directory, because it remembers it from the last time you used it a
month ago for a different project and in a different location. Very
puzzling when you try and load it again and it's nowhere to be seen!

It doesn't occur it to use to use the same directory it's just loaded a
file from as a default.

But it does have a reasonable choice of output encodings.)

--
Bartc