turtle ??

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:24:53 EST 2016

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 6:55 AM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Mar 2016 08:06 pm, Peter Otten wrote:
>
> > Ömer sarı wrote:
> >
> >> l would like to ask a question as l m a little bit confused .
> >
> > In computing details matter, and in communication odd personal habits
> > distract from the actual message. Please reconsider your use of an "l" as
> > a replacement for "I".
>
> While I don't disagree, it is possible that Ömer sarı is typing on a
> keyboard that doesn't have an I, or makes it difficult to use. The last
> letter of his(?) name is LATIN SMALL LETTER DOTLESS I, which suggests
> possibly a Turkish or Armenian keyboard. I don't know how easy it is to get
> I as opposed to İ (LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I WITH DOT ABOVE). So we might like
> to give him a little slack.
>
> But apart from that, I agree: in the long term, if Ömer is going to be
> programming, he'll need to do something about that keyboard.
>
> Firstly, it says python3 in the title, so use python3

I ran the code with python 2.7.  However, python3 is most likely required
for other exercises in the book.  Here are my results:

>>> import turtle
>>> wn = turtle.Screen()
>>> alex = turtle.Turtle()
>>> alex.forward(50)
>>> alex.left(90)
>>> alex.forward(30)
>>> wn.mainloop()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: '_Screen' object has no attribute 'mainloop'

 Python opened a window and drew the lines.  I don't know turtle, so maybe
this can't be run interactively with wn.mainloop()

> --
> Steven
>
> --

Joel Goldstick