Question

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 07:28:30 EST 2016

On 2016-03-09, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like the shell environment that comes with Git for Windows is
> actually Windows Powershell [1], so presumably the activate.ps1 script
> that's already provided by venv is what's needed, not a bash script.

This is not true. I installed Git for Windows and what it gave me was
"Git Bash" which as you say runs in a window titled "MINGW64".

If I try to run the activate.ps1 script it says:

$ env/Scripts/activate.ps1
env/Scripts/activate.ps1: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `[switch]$NonDestructive'
env/Scripts/activate.ps1: line 1: `function global:deactivate ([switch]$NonDestructive) {'