Question

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 20:33:16 EST 2016

On 2016-03-07, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3) Use standard Python, and ditch Windows. This is what I do. :)

This is also what I do nearly all of the time, but for PyWeek I needed
a computer running Python that actually had a monitor attached ;-)

Although to be fair, Python under Ubuntu Server has for a long time
been a very poor experience too, what with the pip problem.

(I can't remember what the error message is but if you do
'sudo apt-get install python python-pip' and then use pip to upgrade
either pip or requests, it breaks pip completely and irreversibly,
you have to manually re-install it using get-pip.py. It's probably
this one:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-pip/+bug/1306991)