importing

Tony van der Hoff tony at vanderhoff.org
Mon Mar 7 12:23:41 EST 2016

Thanks to all who replied to my cry for help; I understand it better
now. But:

On 07/03/16 16:08, Chris Angelico wrote:

> The documentation should tell you what you need to import to make
> something work. In this case, I would guess that "import
> tkinter.messagebox" or "from tkinter import messagebox" would be the
> recommended way to use this module.

Well, I found the tkinter documentation to be sparse in the extreme
(https://docs.python.org/release/3.1.3/library/tkinter.html), and it
certainly doesn't go into that sort of detail.

However, more generally, how am I supposed to know that a module is part
of a package, and needs a "magic" stanza to get a module loaded?

Cheers,
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony at vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |