Pyhon 2.x or 3.x, which is faster?

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Mon Mar 7 06:38:13 EST 2016

On 07/03/2016 11:11, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> BartC <bc at freeuk.com>:
>
>> I've also found that 3 was consistently slower than 2 on various
>> benchmarks. Perhaps 10 to 20% slower (also 3.4 vs. 2.7).
>
> Python doesn't exist for performance-critical parts of your solution.
> Also, Python programs tend to take huge amounts of space.

I'm not complaining. For my purposes (implementing a similar language
that competes with Python for speed), I welcome the slower speed of
Python 3!

(Although competing with CPython is too easy. PyPy is more of a problem.
With the Jpeg benchmark I mentioned, I can beat PyPy up to 6Mpix, but
then PyPy starts to get faster. At 80Mpix, PyPy is 60% faster.)

--
Bartc