Photon mass (was: [Still off-top] Physics)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Mar 6 16:46:53 EST 2016

On Sunday 06 March 2016 09:21:49 Larry Martell wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com>
wrote:

[...]

> > So in that scenario, I have first hand knowledge about relativity
> > despite my offical 8th grade education.
>
> Gene, your massive and varied experiences trump my formal education
> any day.

Chuckle, and many thanks Larry. I'll have to admit that I did get a bit
of a grin after the fact in explaining the cause of that particular
broadcasters major pain in the ass to a papered FCC engineer. ;-)  He
did "get" it FWIW.  He also tore up the $27,500 citation he was going to
issue because he had measured 46 units of burst in the on air signal the
night before, when he saw that a diode, which doesn't lie without a huge
amount of help, said about 19.5 and the R&S monitor worth about 10 grand
more than what he had in the truck said 39 units. s/b 40.  Since the
diode measure both sidebands, but the lower one is missing, it only
shows half of what the NTSC signal has when the monitor (or the common
tv,) is properly aligned and fine tuned correctly.  We also had
automatic correctors for that sort of things which would never have
allowed that 12% error to get past it.

Has Carol written anything new lately?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)