Adding Icon To Tkinter Window - Followup

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Sun Mar 6 04:16:55 EST 2016

Am 06.03.16 um 06:53 schrieb Wildman:
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2016 19:36:19 +0100, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:
>> import Tkinter
>> from Tkinter import Tk
>> root = Tk()
>> img = Tkinter.Image("photo", file="appicon.gif")
>> root.call('wm','iconphoto',root._w,img)
>
> The above worked perfectly.  Thank you very much.

Then you should try if it works also with the last line replaced as

	root.wm_iconphoto(True, img)

(as Serhiy and Terry wrote). My system python which I used to test this
was just too old to wrap iconphoto, yours should be up to date.

	Christian

> According to "root.eval('info patchlevel')" I have version 8.6.2.
> PNG worked.  That is good because PNG is a common file type for
> Linux icons.

PS: 8.6.2 is from mid 2014, that's OK - though we've had a brand new
release (8.6.5) in February 2016