Adding Icon To Tkinter Window - Followup

Wildman best_lay at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 13:10:00 EST 2016

On Sat, 05 Mar 2016 10:47:09 -0600, Wildman wrote:

> Anybody have the correct method of adding an icon to a
> window?  I have found several code examples on the web
> but they all result in an error.  Thanks.

I found this and it works in Linux but only with black
and white xbm images (I would prefer color):

    root.wm_iconbitmap('@myicon.xbm')

I found some info in a forum that talked about putting
a color icon in a Label on a separate window and passing
that to the main window as the icon.  But there were no
code examples or explanations.  So far I have not been
able to figure it out.  I would appreciate any help.

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors,