Continuing indentation

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 18:45:07 EST 2016

On 04/03/2016 23:31, Erik wrote:
> On 04/03/16 21:14, sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com wrote:
>> You guys are spending way too much time fighting over something that
>> is clearly subjective.  Nobody is "correct" here.  There's no right
>> and wrong, just simple preference.
>
> I will take that as a vote +1 that PEP8 is wrong (*). ;)
>
> E.
>
> (*) PEP8 defines a specific format and you are stating that no specific
> format can be considered correct.

PEP8 is not a standard that must be adhered to under all cicumstances,
it is only a style guide, hence:-

<quote>
A style guide is about consistency. Consistency with this style guide is
important. Consistency within a project is more important. Consistency
within one module or function is the most important.

However, know when to be inconsistent -- sometimes style guide
recommendations just aren't applicable. When in doubt, use your best
judgment. Look at other examples and decide what looks best. And don't
hesitate to ask!
</quote>

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence