Inception

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Mar 3 00:37:37 EST 2016

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Denis Akhiyarov <denis.akhiyarov at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Is it possible to embed CPython in CPython, e.g. using ctypes, cffi,
> > or cython?
>
> I don't know what you mean by “embed” in this context. What would
> qualify as “yes” for you?

Here is CPython embedded in CPython::

    >>> import subprocess
    >>> subprocess.check_call(["python3", "--version"])
    Python 3.5.1+

If that doesn't impress you, then you'll need to be more specific about
what you're expecting.

--
 \        “If the arguments in favor of atheism upset you, explain why |
  `\        they’re wrong. If you can’t do that, that’s your problem.” |