Reason for not allowing import twice but allowing reload()

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Mar 2 10:15:29 EST 2016

On 2016-03-02, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Software updates? The nice thing about *nix systems is that *most*
> updates don't require a reboot. I'm still going to reboot any time
> there's a kernel update though, and those are fairly frequent. I could
> read the patch notes to determine whether this new kernel version is
> actually important, but it takes less of my time just to go ahead and
> reboot.

I try to remember to reboot every couple weeks or so even without a
kernel update.  There sometimes updates to things like the "rc" stuff
or udev or whatnot which occasionally cause boot-time problems.  If
you let too much time go by between reboots, and something that
happend several months ago is going to cause a problem at boot time,
that reboot is guaranteed to happen when it's the most inconvenient.
And it's a lot easier to figure out the problem when it's due to a
recent update.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Let's all show human
                                  at               CONCERN for REVERAND MOON's