Explaining names vs variables in Python

Jesper K Brogaard jesper at brogAAaard.eu
Wed Mar 2 04:03:15 EST 2016

Den 02-03-2016 kl. 09:32 skrev Salvatore DI DIO:
> Hello,
>
> I know Python does not have variables, but names.
> Multiple names cant then be bound to the same objects.
>
> So this behavior

> True
>
> according to the above that is ok
>

> But where is the consistency ? if I try :

> False
>
> It is a little difficult to explain this behavior to a newcommer in Python
>
> Can someone give me the right argument to expose ?
>
> Regards

You may get an answer to your question here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2419701/python-object-identity-question

As I understand it, when you use 'is', you are comparing addresses to
objects, not the values contained in the objects. Use '==' instead.

Take a look here as well:
https://docs.python.org/3.5/reference/datamodel.html

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
Jesper K. Brogaard

(remove upper case letters in my e-mail address)