Can math.atan2 return INF?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Jun 28 11:22:46 EDT 2016

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:39 pm, Random832 wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 26, 2016, at 22:59, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> We have no way of seeing what goes on past the black hole's event
>> horizon, since light cannot escape. But we can still see *some*
>> properties of black holes, even through their event horizon: their
>> mass, any electric charge they may hold, their angular momentum.
>
> All objects, not just black holes, have those properties. The point here
> is that we are in fact observing those properties of an object that is
> not yet (and never will be) a black hole in our frame of reference.

So what? You say that as if our frame of reference is privileged.

If you hop in your trusty rocket and fly towards the black hole, thinking
that it's all fine, its not "really" a black hole because "black holes
can't actually form", you'll be in for a really nasty surprise when you
cross the event horizon.

--
Steven
enough, things got worse.