Assignment Versus Equality

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 00:31:13 EDT 2016

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 6:36:06 AM UTC+5:30, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 12:23 am, Rustom Mody wrote:
> > Also how is GG deliberately downgrading clear unicode content to be kind
> > to obsolete clients at recipient end different from python 2 → 3 making
> > breaking changes but not going beyond ASCII lexemes?
>
> Oh yes, I completely agree, obviously GvR is literally worse than Hitler
> because he hasn't added a bunch of Unicode characters with poor support for
> input and worse support for output as essential syntactic elements to
> Python.
>
> /s

Gratuitous Godwin acceleration produceth poor sarcasm -- try again
And while you are at it try and answer the parallel:
Unicode has a major pro and con
Pro: Its a superset and enormously richer than ASCII
Con: It is costly and implementations are spotty

GG downgrades posts containing unicode if it can, thereby increasing reach to
recipients with unicode-broken clients

Likewise this:

> a bunch of Unicode characters with poor support for
> input and worse support for output as essential syntactic elements to
> Python.

sounds like the same logic applied to python

JFTR I am not quarrelling with Guido's choices; just pointing out your
inconsistencies