Question on compiling on linux

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Mon Jun 27 09:56:58 EDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016, at 00:26, Zachary Ware wrote:
> A: Because you have to read things in reverse order.
> Q: Why?
> A: Top-posting.
> Q: What's one of the most annoying common email practices?

Which is witty, but doesn't *actually* explain why it's bad.

1. The intent, as I understand it, with top-posting is that the reply
message stands on its own, and the quoted message is just "attached" in
case someone needs to refer back to it, rather than representing a
conversational flow as the Q/A format does.

2. Most email clients sort messages or threads by date with the most
recent (or most recently updated) at the top, so there's no generalized
principle at work against having later things appear above earlier
things.