Which one is the best JSON parser?

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Mon Jun 27 09:43:28 EDT 2016

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 9:31:04 AM UTC-4, Nagy László Zsolt wrote:

> >> There's one in the standard library.
> > Which has always worked fine for me...
> Which always reminds me:

> {0: 2}
> >>>

> WAT :-)

Python's booleans being ints is a remnant of history. I agree it would be
better for True and False to be unrelated to 1 and 0.

The conversion of 0 to "0" is because JSON can only use strings for keys in
objects. It might be better for dumps to fail if a non-string key is
encountered, but I'm not sure.

--Ned.